|Time to get your frugal craft on!|
I love craft supplies. I don’t even WANT to know how much money I have sitting in my basement, tied up in all my stuff. And I KNOW my husband doesn’t want to know. So here’s some ideas for how not to break the bank, and still have the stuff you need.
1. Pick one or two hobbies to focus on. If you spend the same amount of money on just one hobby as opposed to seven, you’ll end up with way more stuff!
2. Shop the dollar store, especially for scrapbooking supplies. And when you see something you like, BUY IT! Because it won’t be there next time you go.
3. Do a sort at least once a year, and give the extras away. Encourage your crafty friends to do the same, and you can trade supplies.
4. Store it wisely, so you can see what you have. That way, you won’t go out and buy a new glue stick just because you can’t find the seven you bought last week.
5. Use your stuff!! If you don’t use what you’ve got, it doesn’t matter how much you did or didn’t spend on it. It’s a waste.
Crankygirl is a stay-at-home mom who wants to be a rich and famous writer, but is starting to realize that means actually writing. Hence her new blog Five Simple Tips; and her old one The Academy Was Wrong