She is a true Frugal Icon. Let me count the ways!
1) Rather than drive a car, she rides a bike. And not just any bike. This bike:
|HOW CUTE IS THIS BIKE?|
3) SMG supports numerous charities, including CARE (whose main mission is to fight global poverty.) In fact, she agreed to do a 2007 Self magazine interview only if she got to promote the charity. Says SMG, "I started because my mother taught me a long time ago that even when you have nothing, there's ways to give back."
|How shiny and perfect is her hair? SO SHINY AND PERFECT.|
4) While other celebs pimp out $100+ moisturizers and fancy makeup, SMG was spokesperson for none other than Vaseline, the frugal girl's BFF! Not only that, they auctioned off these ads to raise funds for the Coalition of Skin Diseases.
|How much do I love that she got nekkid not for some skin mag, but for Vaseline?|
5) Has a black belt in taekwando. That's not necessarily frugal, but is AWESOME!
|SMG will kick your ass if you don't get better with your money.|
Seriously, she will MESS YOU UP.
6) She also has the other main features of the Shopping Detox Frugal Icons Hall of Fame:
|Fabulous 1960s retro styles!|
Welcome SMG to the Shopping Detox Frugal Icons Hall of Fame!